Thursday, August 21, 2014

Love Isn't Real

Jade's POV

We were in the elevator when I suddenly blurted out; "Don't you ever get tired of Anthony, Kalel?" "What do ya mean?" she replied not looking up from her phone. "I mean, don't you ever NOT love him?" I said. Well that made her look at me. I regretted it immediately after I said it because we were in an elevator full of our friends, and she was touchy about the subject.I recognized her thinking face and waited patiently. She answered looking into Anthony's slightly nervous eyes and smiled. "No, not for a second. I completely believe  in true love and I think we have it." She then turned to me, "Don't you believe in true love?" "I stopped believing in true love a long time ago. What's the point? I mean, hate to burst your bubble princess, but it's all a fairytale. A myth to be exact. Stories of it have been passed on for years but it's just not true. Because the truth is, love is to much for a person. People can't love people. It's like it's not in their vocabulary. A human can't physically LOVE another human. They each have too many fatal flaws. Love is like (I took a deep breath and thought hard before saying) perfection. It's impossible, unreachable (I turned to my adoptive parents), and unachievable. Like I said (The door to the elevator opened), love is a myth. Like Bigfoot or the Queen of England." I lectured passionately. I walked out of the elevator first because everyone else was too stunned to even move. Dan raised a finger, ready to say something, but shook his head and grabbed my hand to walk out with me. As everyone followed, Connor (Franta) spoke up. "So, if love isn't real, then what do you think of all of us?" referring to my friends and family. "Just be glad I don't hate you." I replied smirking.

No comments: